RESOURCES | FAQs
Making a Payment
You have many options when it comes to making payments on your insurance policies. You may:
- pay online with your credit card through your carrier's payment portal;
- pay via phone, either with your carrier or with Theiss Insurance;
- set up automatic electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your bank account, or automatic recurring credit card (RCC) payments; or
- pay by check, mailed either directly to your carrier, or to Theiss Insurance.
Used Car Buying Tips
Help for Homeowners
Property insurance policies include "personal property" coverage which provides for recovery of your personal property in the event of a covered loss. One of the things you need to provide is an inventory list. To help with this, here is the Texas Department of Insurance Home Inventory Checklist.
Germania Insurance also provides a Home Inventory Checklist in a different format.
FAQs About Insurance
- Why has my auto insurance premium increased when I've had no accidents or violations, ever?
Each insured's premium is based on a wide variety of factors. Some examples are the number of drivers on your policy, driving history, the number of vehicles, the age and type of your vehicle(s), and your location. Insurance companies typically have premium discounts available for qualifying circumstances such as claims-free, multi-car, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, and companion policy discounts, to name a few. Give us a call at 281-376-4263 to determine which discounts you may qualify for!
- Is there anything I can do to keep my auto insurance premium as low as possible?
Yes! There are things you can do to guard against rate increases or qualify for premium discounts: drive safely, paying attention to your driving and other drivers nearby, consider combining your home and auto policies for the companion policy discount, install an anti-theft alarm system, and combine all of your household's cars into one policy to take advantage of the multi-car discount. Check with us to see if your carrier provides a discount for completing a Defensive Driving course. You can also give us at call at 281-376-4263 and let us compare quotes from different carriers, to see if we can find the same or better coverage for less premium.
- Why has my property insurance premium increased this year, when I've had no claims, ever?
As with auto insurance premiums, each insured's home/property insurance premium is based on a wide variety of factors. For home insurance that includes the construction type of the home, location of the property, the age and condition of the roof, and your claims history. There are typically discounts available for qualifying circumstances, including monitored alarm, claims-free, and companion policy discounts. Give us a call at 281-376-4263 to determine which discounts you may qualify for, and to request quotes from different carriers, to see if we can find the same or better coverage for less premium.
- When I rent a car, should I purchase their insurance or does my insurance cover a rental car?
Insurance providers (carriers) provide different levels of insurance. It's always best to buy the rental insurance. However, most auto policies will provide coverage for a rental vehicle. Give us a call at 281-376-4263 to discuss the details of your policy.
- Do I have to pay my premium all at once, or can I pay it monthly or quarterly or some other payment plan?
You do not have to pay the full premium all at once. Though different carriers have different payment plans, they all typically offer monthly, quarterly and semi-annually and annual payment plans. Give us a call at 281-376-4263 to find out what payment plans are available with your insurance carrier.