2017 Scholarship Fund
The Theiss Insurance Agency Scholarship Fund was established by Aaron and Carrie Theiss with the intent to exemplify their strong commitment to higher education while promoting the importance of student achievement and academic excellence in the college setting. The scholarship aims to help college-bound students with educational expenses during a time when economic hardships and growing costs of college tuition make it difficult for many families to manage the financial burdens of higher education. As a small business in the community, it is always the goal of Theiss Insurance to give back and show our appreciation to our policyholders; providing a scholarship opportunity for college hopefuls related to our clients is one way we can honor the wonderful people who choose us to handle their insurance needs.
Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship. The applicant is:
- classified as a graduating high school senior in Texas and/or currently enrolled in college courses or applying to college at the time of application
- a policyholder, or child or grandchild of a Theiss Insurance Agency policyholder (policy must be in effect on or before March 18, 2016)
- • has a current minimum GPA of 3.0 if current student (Proof required)
- Texas resident
(Note: Children or grandchildren of Selection Committee members are not eligible.)
Application materials must be received by 4 p.m. (CST) on April 15, 2016, in order to be considered. Applications may be emailed as an attachment (email@example.com) or mailed/delivered in person to Theiss Insurance Agency (5202 Spring Cypress Rd. Spring, TX 77379). The following materials must be submitted:
- Completed application (typed or hand-written; incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Typed essay as outlined in section V of the application (no more than 2 pages double spaced)
- Two letters of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, employer, or other adult who is not an immediate relative (section VI of the application)
- Proof of GPA if applicable
Recipients will be selected by the selection committee based on application materials provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by May 13 , 2016. Payment will be made to the recipient’s choice of Texas institution upon notification. Employees of Theiss Insurance Agency are not eligible for participation on the selection committee.
There will be (2) one-time scholarships awarded, each for $500 to be used for the recipient’s educational expenses. Eligible applicants may not receive more than one scholarship, or $500, from the Theiss Insurance Agency Scholarship Fund per year.
Contact Carrie Theiss (281.376.4263 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or for further information.